In markets like personal finance, technology, automotive, boating, entertainment and consumer packaged goods there is ample of evidence that bloggers and online communities are important sources of influence!
- For a successful social media strategy go backwards from objective “making a sale” !
Few people purchase cars, boats or real estate online.
- More realistic for an automotive, boat manufacturer or real estate agent would be to get a customer’s online attention first don’t bombard them with offers..
- Offer then to join a
- mailing list,
- request a call,
- join some social network information channel/ page of a campaign
- Create or alter brand image
- Inform customers, product specs of upgrade, new, download
- Raise awareness with the media and investors
- Raise requests for sales contact & more info
So why don’t use this fact to promote your business?
Don’t abuse social media use it! Rather than just posting offers – make yourself interactive by being useful and helpful. The most successful people are also the most curious and daring!
Every business objective demands a different social media strategy see which best suites your business objective in my next post..till soon;)